Let's see what's happened the last 4 weeks? Well for one thing, the Swanson's have been BUSY hence the major delay in posting. I'm wondering if I'll be able to keep up this lightning pace as I move further into the pregnancy. I definitely don't move as fast as I used to these days.
Deric and I have been busy the last few weeks finishing up projects around the house. He's been wonderful at tackling his "honey do" list with fervor. The upstairs railing has finally been rebuilt for safety purposes and painted white to match the downstairs railing and side rail that we painted forever ago. He repainted the bottom railing because it needed to some major touching up as well as the walls and this house almost looks brand new! We had our carpets cleaned a few days ago which has just added to the newness of the house. Deric even finished staining the bench he built for our dining room table and it looks just like one you'd buy at the store! I think my nesting is already kicking into high gear! Poor Deric! He's been so gracious though and is working hard to get our house put together just right for myself and our baby girl.
While Deric's been working hard on little/big unfinished house projects, I've been working hard on my sewing projects for the nursery. I finally finished baby girl's raggy quilt and I must say, I'm proud of how it turned out considering the fact that I've never really sewn anything more than a simple throw pillow, bag, and Christmas stocking when I was in middle school. Here's a few pics so you can see what I've been working on.
| Baby Girl's Raggy Quilt Up close view of the raggy edges which give it that girly look! Another up close view |
| Sugar Baby Splash fabric that the curtains will be made out of |
| 21 going on 22 weeks |
I think those are the major updates for now! I'll try to be better about not waiting 4 weeks to write my next post. Hopefully I'll have pics of finished curtains to post soon!
~Ashley
No comments:
Post a Comment